I haven’t made a new years resolution list in like 5 years. I think in the past, I’ve made them impossible on myself and ended up just being frustrated by not achieving all of my goals. This year, I was really feeling some things so I made a short and sweet list of things I’ve been thinking about. Normally I wouldn’t share this type of thing on Parcel Post, but hence #3 on my list, its time to share.
1. family first. – I’m realizing how quickly my 2 little ones are growing up. They are more precious to me than anything in the world, so I ‘ve come to the realization that I need to sacrifice some of my business goals in order to ensure I have enough quality time with them and Joshua.
2. I forget. always. but am vowing now to finish at least 2 of these a day.
3. A lot more happens at Urbanic and Parcel Post than just the cool finds I post. I know there are a lot of you out there that aspire to have your own business some day, so I’m going to make a conscious effort to share the highs and lows of being self employed and things we’re learning along the way.
4. My extremely thick and hard to manage hair has been in a pony tail way too long. Time for a change. Now for the challenge.
5. There was a time in my life I felt very connected to God. These were some of the best years. I want that back.
6. In 2010 I was surprised on several occasions when I thought the worst of someone at first impression and they ended up being completely awesome. For example on a recent trip to the east coast there was an empty seat next to us on the plane. I would have selected anyone but the guy that ended up sitting there. I was thinking I got the worst case scenario but he ended up hilarious and totally fun. I couldn’t believe how poorly I had assessed him. No more judging!
7. Not once but twice now I have had my hard drive completely erased and lost the lifetime of music I have collected. A few of you (ahem, Ana +JL), have taken the time to make me some mixes. Thank you! I want to work on gathering more, more, more, so if you have a mix you love – send it to me here!
8. I have a HUGE email problem. I am sincerely sorry to any of you who are waiting to hear back from me on an email. I think about this everyday. Sometimes your inquiries and thoughts are most important so I set these emails aside to really concentrate on writing back. Work emails pile up on top of them and they get buried into an abyss. I need to figure out a way to get through my inbox each day effectively. It seems impossible right now, but there has to be a way, and I am determined to find it.